Seeking Expressions of Interest for the formulation of Disaster Risk Management Strategic Plans of Action for Xiengkhouang and Huaphanh Provinces (National only)
Fondation Caritas Luxembourg is an international non-governmental organization, working for the fundamental rights of all people to secure access to food, water, health, education, employment and income, around the world. Caritas officially opened its country office in Laos in October 2010 and has
since implemented several projects in Xiengkhouang, Bolikhamxay and Vientiane provinces, in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction, sustainable livelihood strengthening as well as health and nutrition.
Caritas Luxembourg is currently applying an innovative approach to project implementation whereby the district and provincial counterparts are responsible for the activity implementation and Caritas takes on a supporting role. This strategy promotes local ownership and encourages a participative approach at all levels for the implementation of the Community Disaster Risk Reduction and
Management Project Phase IV (CDRRM IV) in Kham, Nonghaed districts in Xiengkhouang province, and Houamuang district in Huaphanh province. This approach was scaled up from the CDRRM III project previously implemented in Khoun, Phoukout and Mok districts of Xiengkhouang.
Timeframe: Mid December 2021 – March 2022 (details will be discussed with consultant)
The consultant will be responsible:
– To implement a mapping of disasters in the 2 provinces. This mapping should be based on
secondary data from district and provincial authorities on disasters. The mapping aims to
identify the main villages affected by disasters in the 2 provinces in the past 10 years and the
scale of the disasters’ impacts (number of households affected per village, estimated losses of
assets, infrastructure destroyed…).
– To revise and develop two 5 years Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Strategic Plans for both
Xiengkhouang and Huaphanh provinces, with the objective to ensure that the Provincial
Disaster Prevention and Control Committee (PDPCC) members fulfil their mandate and
implement effective actions for Disaster Management.
(Please study the ToR carefully before applying, these can be requested by contact details below)
Profile of evaluator(s) – Requirement:
– The team leader should have at minimum a Master’s degree in the area of environmental
science and policies, climate change studies, geography, development studies, or other relevant
field to Disaster Risk Reduction;
– The team leader should have at least five years of professional experience in strategic planning
– Prior working experiences in the development of national disaster risk reduction strategies
among the team members is an added advantage;
– Demonstrated experiences in working with Lao government bodies in the development of
programs for the public sector among the team members, especially in the area of disaster risk
reduction and management, or rural community development;
– Fluency in Lao and English both spoken and written is required for the team leader;
– The consultant team should have applied GIS mapping skills.
Due to difficult access to Laos for non-residents, only Lao residents will be considered.
– Expression of Interest (EOI) must include:
1. Copy of at least one previous evaluation report conducted;
2. Proposal proposed with methodology, Time frame and Budget details;
3. Team composition and CVs.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted either electronically or in hard copy to HR and Admin Manager at: email@example.com or sent to Caritas Luxembourg in Lao PDR, Vientiane Capital: House No. 279, Ban Sisangvone, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital P.O Box: 2079; Tel: (+856)
21- 417 441.
Deadline for submission EOI: on 3rd December 2021 before 16:30 PM
All applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be
Caritas Luxembourg promotes equal opportunities and does not discriminate against any person
employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or any other status under applicable law.