Seeking Expressions of Interest For the conduction of a Market Survey (National only) For the Strengthening Livelihood Systems Project Phase II in Kham, Phaxay, Nonghaed Districts in Xiengkhouang Province and Houamuang District in Huaphanh Province
Fondation Caritas Luxembourg is an international non-governmental organization, working for the fundamental
rights of all people to secure access to food, water, health, education, employment and income, around the world. Caritas officially opened its country office in Laos in October 2010 and has since implemented several projects in Xiengkhouang, Bolikhamxay and Vientiane provinces, in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction,
sustainable livelihood strengthening as well as health and nutrition.
Caritas Luxembourg has started in January 2021 the implementation of its new Strengthening Livelihood Systems Project II in Kham, Nonghead, Phaxay districts in Xiengkhouang province, and Houamuang district in Huaphanh province. The project will be implemented over 5 years. Its overall objective is to increase human
asset and contribute to food security according to the objectives and priorities of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, and based on the Sustainable Development Goals for Lao PDR. The specific objective is to improve the accessibility, availability, diversity and management of food for vulnerable households and communities in
Kham, Nonghaed, Phaxay and Houamuang districts in a sustainable manner.
Timeframe: Mid December 2021 – February 2022 (details will be discussed with consultant)
The consultant will be responsible:
To develop a comprehensive market survey investigating at least 5 key local value chains with potential for
production and sales in the target villages of Caritas in 4 target districts. This market survey should provide useful
• Inform and guide the project activities for agriculture and non-agriculture production in the 60 target
• Inform and guide the market linkage activities of the project aiming at supporting Producer Groups to
reach high-potential markets, including in marketing training, linkage to traders, price negotiation;
• Provide supportive information to district and provincial authorities to further develop or review their
strategical documents on trade and market linkage.
(Please study the ToR carefully before applying, these can be requested by contact details below)
Profile of evaluator(s) Requirement:
• Minimum of Master’s degree in marketing, economics, agriculture or related field;
• Experience working with community, government at district and provincial level;
• 5 years of experience in SME, access to small credit and income generation;
• Excellent writing skills in Lao and English;
• Excellent communication skills in lao and English; knowledge of Hmong language is considered an
Due to difficult access to Laos for non-residents, only Lao residents will be considered.
– Expression of Interest (EOI) must include:
1. Copy of at least one previous evaluation report conducted;
2. Proposal proposed with methodology, Time frame and Budget details;
3. Team composition and CVs.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted either electronically or in hard copy to HR and Admin
Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Caritas Luxembourg in Lao PDR, Vientiane
Capital: House No. 279, Ban Sisangvone, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital P.O Box: 2079; Tel: (+856)
21- 417 441.
Deadline for submission EOI: on 3rd December 2021 before 16:30 PM
All applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be
Caritas Luxembourg promotes equal opportunities and does not discriminate against any person
employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or any other status under applicable law.