Logistics and Property Manager (Laos Microenterprise supported by USAID) Based in Xiengkhouang – 1 position (Lao National)
OVERVIEW: ACDI/VOCA has agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding with the Lao Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry to implement a development Activity in phases up to September 2023. The Activity is entitled Laos Microenterprise supported by USAID. The objective of the activity is to contribute to overall socio-economic development in Lao PDR, specifically focusing on microenterprises (primarily smallholder farmers).
The Logistics and Property Manager provides logistical, operational, and administrative support required for the fulfillment of project activities including coordinating travel and meeting logistics for staff, consultants, and external participants and managing facilities, property, and motor vehicles. Works closely with Procurement and Human Resources Manager to ensure all project activities are completed on time, at cost, and with all required paperwork. Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, including local labor laws, USAID regulations, ACDI/VOCA internal policies. This position will be based in Xiengkhouang Province.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations and Logistic Management
- Coordinates with technical leads, using the work plan as a guide to ensure all activities are properly planned for and implemented on time
- Working with the Procurement and HR Manager, maintains detailed trackers laying out resource and procurement needs along with timelines and estimated costs
- Works with technical leads to prepare requests to HQ for monthly advances
- Arranges project travel, meetings, and conferences (particularly those involving external participants) including requesting work orders for conference rooms and food services and supporting participant payment requirements
- Works with technical leads to prepare SOWs, identify consultants and vendors to support activities, present complete set of paperwork for Procurement and HR Manager to process
- Monitors implementation of activity-related procurement and ensures the correct set of documents is prepared for Procurement and HR Manager to process for payment
- Manages HQ staff, volunteers, consultants, and GOL logistics in-country, including requesting work orders for transportation and hotel services
- Manages visa applications of all HQ staff, volunteers, and external consultants
- Ensures adherence to Standards of Conduct, policy manual, and other corporate and applicable policies, procedures, and schedules
- Prioritizes, organizes, and delegates tasks to assistants, interns, and consultants, as needed
- Trains, guides, and mentors junior Operations Team staff
- Ensures proper management of documents on SharePoint by the Operations Team
- Report on financial issues and other financial-related matters at IMC meetings
- Oversees management of motor vehicles
- Prepares and reviews Vehicle Status and Fuel Consumption report monthly and ensures motorbikes receive inspections and oil changes, as needed
- Ensures incidents involving staff and/or property are reported, provides supervisor with a comprehensive understanding of ACDI/VOCA’s liability, and recommends actions to be taken to limit risk to the organization
- Maintains project inventory system by regularly verifying all inventory with inventory trackers.
- Oversees the maintenance of office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners and ensures repairs are made in a timely fashion
- Oversees the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of all project facilities, including electricity supply, water, and plumbing
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in economics, agribusiness, agro-economics or other relevant field or 4 years suitable experience working in a related private sector field;
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Advanced computer skills in a Windows-based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment
- Advance written and oral communication skills in English and Lao.
- Ability to travel within the country on the regular basis.
TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your most current CV and a letter of interest by email to LaosRecruit@joinav.org Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. The closing date for all applications is 8 July 2022. For more information.