Job Announcement (Lao Nation)
Job Announcement (Lao Nation)
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian and development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was generated General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC).
To make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony, we work in 48 countries with our focus on community development to protect children’s rights and encourage the self-reliance of communities.
Good Neighbors exists to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony.
Good Neighbors respects the human rights of our neighbors suffering from poverty, disasters, oppression, and helps them to achieve self-reliance and enable them to rebuild hope.
Position Title: Project Assistant (Lao Nationality)
- Assist Project Manager and Program Coordinator for coordination with key stakeholders such as with government partner, technical agencies, and other stakeholders
- Ensure that the project activities are carried out in a manner of promoting equity and showing due respect for all GNL’s local partners by understanding their norms culture and local context
- Ensure quality implementation of health activities based on project model from design to implementation in line with donor requirements.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and Program Coordinator about project models and guidelines as per outcomes of the project to ensure the quality of project implementation.
- Assist Operation Manager and Technical Specialist in research and technical assessment to ensure the quality of the program.
- Working closely with government representative at the district level to ensure project implementation aligns with government priorities per strategies sectors.
- Prepare documents in Lao & English language (serve as team translator for documents, contracting consultants as needed) as required with organization standard templates.
- Scan, print and photocopy documents, as required.
- Assist Project Manager to establish the standard filing system in both hard and electronic formats; and maintain the system.
- Responsible for all project business related appointments, both internal and external.
- Ensure in tracking the submissions of financial and narrative reports by the project partners and alert project team and partners to upcoming deadlines to ensure timely submissions
- Handle in preparing advance requests, payment requests and settlements
- Ensure the project team members comply with organization financial and other relevant management guidelines and policies
- Maintain asset and inventory records for all equipment
- Manage all travel arrangements for GNL colleagues, Government staff and specialists and assist with visitor travel and stay.
- Responsible for any other logistic arrangements that will be assigned by the Project Manager and Program Coordinator.
- Assist in documentation of process and impact of the program as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project management with government and multilateral agencies, grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major multilateral and bilateral donors.
- 3 years’ experience in development field with a university degree or 05 years’ experience preferably in implementation of projects/programs in the domain of development and protection, child rights or community empowerment.
- Good knowledge in community mobilization including participatory assessments, reviews, community training etc.
- Working knowledge in general office software applications (Eg. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of early childhood development programs.
- Good oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Track record of success grant design and win rate, in partner and donor relations.
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Good reporting skills in English and Lao is essential for this position
- Have critical thinking,
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Experience in an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) or non-profit association (NPA) or in the United Nations (desirable)
- Ability to work under stress, with high responsibility to deliver the assigned task on time
All interested candidates are required to submit their Cover Letter and CV via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post by delivery to Good Neighbor office in Vientiane: Ban Sisangvone, Saysettha Dist. Vientiane Lao PDR Tel & Fax: 021 415 711. Please mention your expected salary on your cover letter or CV and include with three references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The deadline for application 15th June 2022.
Good Neighbors Laos
Type of Organization
Type of Position
One year contract (possible to renew)
15th June 2022
Luang Prabang Province
021 415711 or +856 20 5922 7222