Advertise Education Program Manager
For more than 40 years, Action Education (formerly Aide et Action), an international association for development through education, has been ensuring access to quality education for the most vulnerable and marginalized populations, especially children, girls and women, so that they can all control their own development and contribute to a more peaceful and sustainable world. We are running 91 projects in 20 countries in Africa, Asia and Europe – including France – for more than 1.5 million people. AE Laos started its program in 2006 and several projects have been developed and implemented in education sector. AE Laos is looking for an enthusiasm colleagues to join our team for the post of Education Program Manager
- Provide initiatives and support the development and management of operational plans to strengthen existing projects and develop new project innovative concepts focusing on technical aspects educational development, according to Lao context.
- Manage and implement AE Laos projects to achieve the desired results,
- Provide support to the team, local partners and contribute to the capitalization of AE procedures in planning, budgeting, monitoring, training and evaluation of the program.
- Liaison with the government at all levels to ensure the participation and ownership of stakeholders.
- Draft Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement (MOU/A) and other legal partnership agreements.
- Participate in identifying potential partners and areas of interventions and contribute to the project designing, research, regular monitoring of lessons learnt as well as feedback sessions with the project team.
- Strengthen the relationship and network with representatives from institutional partners, government counterpart, UN agencies, International and local NGOs.
- Represent AE to different forums and keep abreast of trends in education for advocacy/ collaboration and promote organizational niche/thematic at national and regional levels.
- Support on communication and fundraising
- Produce articles from field projects and other tasks with the request from various offices to promote the work of Laos programs
- Coordinate sponsors’ visits and volunteer trip to the field from time to time
- Other tasks will be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Master’s Degree in Development Management, Social Science or Education Development, International Relations or related disciplines;
- At least 5 years professional experience in a managerial role, with demonstrated successes in managing teams, program implementation and management, new business development, and working through delegated functional leaders.
- Experience in the education setting and practices, theory of change, result-based management, project cycle management, measurement of quantitative and qualitative impacts;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work with multiple teams and effectively influence / engage at the executive level;
- Advanced writing, editing, negotiation, and presentation skills;
- Strong computer skills and budget skills;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, including the ability to analyze and synthesize information for programmatic decision-making;
- Experienced networker with excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, and ability to develop strategic partnerships for enhanced funding;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with minimal supervision with detail-oriented and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities and maintain a sense of humor.
- An energetic self-starter with resilience, able to perform in a fast-paced environment, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English. French is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license may be required.