Service Fraternel d'Entraide
- Holistic – the individual is at the centre of our projects as he has the potential to change his community. All the aspects of his life are taken into account and situations are dealt with as a whole.
- Participatory – the needs expressed are transformed into collective action, with the support of our teams.
- Sustainable – transmitting knowledge impacts a whole life and the life of others. That is why we invest in key people capable of acting and motivating their community.
- Professional – qualification leads to progress more rapidly. Through lifelong learning programs or access to qualifying trainings, we reinforce local competencies for an impact on the whole society.
- Local – side by side, we learn from each other and build together with trust and mutual aid
PO Box 5211, Vientiane
Strengthening Health Care in Sekong Province
This project is part of the health planning framework of Laos and responds to the needs of the health strategy of the province of Sekong. It integrates a main axis of medical training in hospitals and health centers and technical assistance in the water-sanitation field for 5 villages. Based on the skills of the health professionals already trained in the previous phases, its objectives are to :
- Improving reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health services in the province’s hospitals.
- Improving knowledge and capacity for infectious and chronic disease management
- Improvement of the infection control system and equipment management in hospitals
- Improving access to health services for people with disabilities
- Improving the quality of care provided in health centers
- Improving primary health, water, sanitation and hygiene practices by villagers
Attapeu Nursing School Project
Support to the Attapeu Nursing Training Institute:
for a quality education accredited by the Ministry of Education.
This project aims to improve health services by strengthening the quality of the provincial education system.
The Objectives :
- Improve the quality of teaching and the management of the training institute
- Obtain national accreditation of the nursing education institute
Improving access to quality education through equal recruitment
- Improving access to quality education through equal recruitment
Health Education Project in Salavan
- Improve the health, nutrition and wellbeing of inhabitants of Salavan Province
- Capacity building of health professionals working in the maternal and child sectors to ensure that women have access to quality maternity care and that newborns receive essential neonatal care.
- The development of chronic disease services at the provincial and district hospital levels.
- Improving the nutritional status of villagers, especially children and adolescents, in partner villages through targeted agricultural activities and nutrition education.
- Improving the health conditions of villagers through the provision of safe drinking water, toilets and training on hygiene, health and risk management.
Mental Health in Vientiane Province
- Build capacities of the stakeholders of mental health in Laos, improve medical care for people with mental illnesses and create opportunities for people having mental illness.
- Make psychotropic drugs accessible to trained doctors
- Train medical teams in districts and health centers about mental health
- Train communities, families and people taking care of people with mental illness. Train people with mental illness about agriculture, income generating activities, or help them to access school or professional training
- Collect data on mental health in Laos
Attapeu Disability Inclusion Project
Main objective: Contribute to reduce inequalities in Attapeu Province by empowering people with disabilities and promoting their social, economic and political integration.
-Identify people with disabilities throughout Attapeu province
-Strengthen local stakeholders to support people with disabilities (LDPA, TVET, LSW, etc)
-Support people with disabilities to improve their daily functioning, overall well-being, and environments.
Attapeu Covid-19 Emergency Response
- Strengthening the preparedness of Attapeu province towards the pandemics
- Providing essential training of healthcare staff
- Equipping the health care facilities for it’s readiness for proper patient management
- Promote community awareness activities in villages,
- Establish reliable coordination between the PHD and the different stakeholders (local and national level).
Help "ensure universal and equitable access to safe drinking water at an affordable cost" in the 4 provinces of southern Laos, by permanently reducing the consumption of untreated water.
- Make ceramic water filters affordable to the poorest with subsidised vouchers.
- Train client families about sanitation and hygiene by individual or small group trainings in their house.
Vocational training for handspeakers
- Provide vocational training to young deaf people in restauration
- Train trainers about professional inclusion of deaf people
- Find employers ready to employ deaf people
- Contribute to public awareness about inclusion of deaf people in society by promoting the learning of Lao sign Language