Save the Children International
OUR VISION is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation OUR MISSION is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Accountability:
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Save the Children began its operation in Lao PDR in 1987, and since then we have developed a strong reputation as the leading child rights organization in the country. We strive to ensure that children’s rights to education, health, protection and participation are fulfilled at all times, including during disasters.
Contact Person:Philomling Vilay
Country Director:Deborah Leaver
Address:Naxay Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Laos