Union Aid Abroad - APHEDA
- Build capacity of the trade unions to deliver quality organizing activities and good management practices in the private sector
- Enhance awareness raising on the impact of asbestos hazards and develop linkages between asbestos ban networking to eliminate asbestos related diseases in Lao PDR.
- Increased sustainability of LFTU’s organizing activities.
Decent Work – “Organizing Trade Unions in the private sector and eliminating asbestos related diseases in Lao PDR”
This three-year project “Organizing Trade Unions in the private sector and eliminating asbestos related diseases in Lao PDR” 2018-21 continues the success of the pilot project, focusing on Decent Work, and will address the underlying issues by providing ongoing support to LFTU to achieve the three key priorities in the 3rd LFTU National Strategic Development plan 2016-20.
• Develop and expand number of trade union organization in the private sectors.
• Educating trade union members, employees, workers, labourers and government officer.
• Protection rights and interests of the workers.
Specifically, this project will extend and further strengthen the successful model of organising in the private sector, developed by the LFTU under the pilot phase, through ongoing support for LFTU capacity development, establishing GTU, increasing union membership and strengthening CBA in private sector workplaces.
This project will also continue Union Aid Abroad - APHEDA support for the LFTU and its network’s efforts to eradicate asbestos related disease.