TITLE: Project Assistant
PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Laos Counter-Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Project
LOCATION: USAID Laos CTIP Office in Vientiane Capital (with some flexibility to work remotely and travel to the field)
REPORTS TO: Livelihood and Economic Development Specialist
STARTING DATE: January 4, 2023, or earlier
BACKGROUND AND POSITION SUMMARY:
The USAID Lao CTIP Project (Laos CTIP) is a USAID-funded seven-year project which focuses on reducing vulnerability to human trafficking among vulnerable and disadvantaged people and victims of human trafficking. To achieve this goal, Laos CTIP has three key interventions: Intermediate Result 1 (IR1) Government of Lao PDR response to lead anti-human trafficking efforts strengthened; Intermediate Result 2 (IR2) Access to economic opportunities and employment among vulnerable populations improved; and Intermediate Result 3 (IR3) Access to support and services among trafficked persons increased. The project currently targets four provinces of Vientiane Capital, Champasak, Savannakhet, and Salavan Provinces, and is expecting to expand its targets to Oudomxay and Luangnamtha Provinces in July 2022.
The Project Assistant will work in two areas in IR 2. The main component is to support Livelihood and Economic Development (Livelihood) Specialist in coordinating with the government from national to village levels, vocational schools, and private sector to; identifying beneficiaries; organizing vocational training, internships, and job matching for beneficiaries, and collecting and entering data. The other component is to support Private Sector Engagement and Business Start-up (PS-Business) Specialist coordinate with procurement team checking in-kind grant items and preparing the relevant procurement documents.
Detailed duties for this position are described below.
- Livelihood (75%)
Under the supervision of the Livelihood and Economic Development Specialist (hereafter Livelihood Specialist), Project Assistant will
- Support Livelihood Specialist organizing meetings, training, field trips, and events including travels to the field sites.
- Support Livelihood Specialist coordinating with the government at different levels to organize above mentioned activities, get approval, and advance necessary actions.
- Gather information about training schools/center, specialized shops, and specialists for vocational and livelihood training, internships, and job opportunities.
- Assist Livelihood Specialist in collecting and systematizing the information for in-kind grants for beneficiaries and processing their procurement.
- Support the IR 2 team collecting data for beneficiaries including entering information in the forms and data in the MEL system.
- Enter data in survey 123 tablet according to the request from Livelihood Specialist/PS-Business Specialist.
- Assist Livelihood Specialist following up the beneficiaries during and after completion of the training.
- Translate documents from Laos to English and English to Laos, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Business Start-up and job matching (25%)
- Work with procurement’s team to check the detail of in-kind grant items and prepare all procurement documents and contract.
- Support Livelihood Specialist/Private Sector Engagement and Business Start-up (PS-Business) Specialist systematize the in-kind grants items and their handing over to Laos CTIP beneficiaries.
- Prepare all the cash advance, materials to support all the business start-up activities as assigned.
- Update contact information of private partners and opportunity available for an internship and job placement.
- University degree in business, international development, social science, or other relevant field.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in assisting project implementation or administration work. Knowledge of M&E is advantage.
- At least 1-2 years of work experience with the Government and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities under pressure and meet tight deadlines,
- Good command of computer skills including MS Office software (excel, word, outlook, power point).
- Ability to work independently,
- Ability to communicate well and work as a teamwork,
- Fluency in Lao and good in English, and
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should apply via e-mail to: LaosCTIPJobs@winrock.org, before end of business hours on December 5, 2022. The e-mail should contain your CV, cover letter, and three (3) professional references. Please put the position ‘Project Assistant’ in the title of your email. Winrock will only contact candidates qualified for the position.