Partnership Assistant (Laos Microenterprise supported by USAID) Based in Xiengkhouang – 1 position (Lao National)
OVERVIEW: ACDI/VOCA has agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding with the Lao Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry to implement a development Activity in phases up to September 2023. The Activity is entitled Laos Microenterprise supported by USAID. The objective of the Activity is to contribute to overall socio-economic development in Lao PDR, specifically focusing on microenterprises (primarily smallholder farmers).
The Partnership Assistant supports the Partnership Advisor’s design and implements market facilitation strategies and interventions with business operators that impact the competitiveness of microenterprises (primarily smallholder farmers producing selected crops). Assists and participates in teams dedicated to specific value chains and/or market system interventions to promote increased competitiveness of market actors as well as improved and expanded products, services, and market access for small-scale producers. Supports business to develop sustainable business activities (helping with preparing identification of business opportunities, cash flow analysis, activity planning). Facilitates the development and expansion of relationships among buyers, input suppliers, producers, and other market actors. This position will be based in Xiengkhouang Province.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Partnership Advisor in identifying inclusive market development opportunities, understanding evolving market trends, and conducting targeted research on business models, or partnerships.
- Supports the identification of relevant market actors, market-based solutions, constraints, and incentives to integrate small-scale producers into their supply chains and commercial distribution networks.
- Assists in facilitating the development of strategic/business/implementation plans by leading firms for integrating producer microenterprises and farmer groups into their supply chains or distribution networks (including developing simple outlines of business opportunity, cash flow analysis, implementation planning, and identifying the benefits to MEs and value chain development in XKH)
- Supports the updating of the various trackers to monitor progress
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in economics, agribusiness, agro-economics, or other relevant field or 4 years suitable experience working in a related private sector field;
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Advanced computer skills in a Windows-based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment
- Advance written and oral communication skills in English and Lao.
- Ability to travel within the country on the regular basis.
TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your most current CV and a letter of interest by email to LaosRecruit@joinav.org Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. The closing date for all applications is 28 June 2022.