Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
Humanity and Inclusion (HI) has been active in Lao P.D.R. since 1996. The organization’s vision is of a Lao society where all adults and children live as equal individuals in a safe environment. HI is currently seeking a qualified and motivated person to work in the position of FINANCE MANGER.
Position type: Full Time
Duration: Open contract
Base location: Vientiane Capital
Main responsibilities and activities:
- Understands the strategy, makes it explicit, translates it into operational objectives for his or her team, leads the necessary changes. Gives meaning to each management action. Encourages inter and intra departmental exchanges of practice. Encourages innovation and risk-taking (Manager as coach for meaning).
- Organizes the operational management of his or her team, structures the work around identified processes, steers performance and facilitates the resolution of problems (Operational manager).
- Contributes towards the drafting, revision and implementation of the financial section of Operational Strategy (StratOp) within his or her area of responsibility area and in line with HI’s financial policies.
- Oversees the breakdown of financial strategy into action plans and advises on financial issues.
- Produces, compiles and analyses financial indicators and, if necessary, creates additional indicators.
- Is in charge of the assessment, mitigation and treatment of financial risks. Reports on incidents and their treatment to his or her line manager and functional managers.
- Oversees HI external representation activities related to financial issues, takes part in inter-NGO working groups and ensures the development of partnerships in his or her geographical area.
- Oversees the deployment and monitors compliance with all of HI’s financial policies, processes and tools within his or her area of responsibility and, if necessary, develops specific financial tools overseen by his or her line and functional management.
- Directs and controls HI’s compliance with the legal framework of the country or countries of intervention and monitors changes in standards and case law and in the practices of other stakeholders working in the finance field.
- Supervises the drafting of budgets and verifies that HI’s funds are being used in an optimal manner in his area of responsibility
- Ensures the financial management of institutional funding in compliance with “donor” guidelines and contractual obligations
- Analyses the financial aspects of partnership agreements and checks the accuracy and conformity of partners’ accounts and documentation before payment
- At least 4 years’ experiences in Finance management.
- Management skills (identical for all managers)
- Being capable of helping team members to progress: developing his/her staff‘s ability to work autonomously
- Knowing how to position oneself so things can move forward
- Knowing how to simplify and priorities
The full Job Description of the position could be found on the following website: https://directoryofngos.org/ingo-jobs/
The position is opened for Laos national & legal residents, under the condition of “Humanity & Inclusion – Laos competitive local salary package & other benefits and HI is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. HI is committed to the principle of diversity and particularly welcomes applications from people with disabilities and women.
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with HI’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Policy on Prevention from Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption Policy.
HI offers good compensation salary + others benefit (13th month, insurances, etc.).
Applicants should email a letter of interest (no more than one page) and CV (no more than two pages, containing the
contact details of 3 references) to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 November 2022; please state clearly in the Email subject the position being applied for. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Humanity and Inclusion: PO Box: 2496, 51/1 Hongkae Road, Ban Sisangvone, Vientiane Tel: (021) 412 110
.All the candidates are informed that, all along the recruitment process:
Humanity and Inclusion cannot ask the candidates for any money or incentive to select them.
Humanity and Inclusion cannot accept any money or incentive from the candidates to select them.
In case the candidates are called for money by any one or you know that this recruitment is not transparent, please call to the hotline 1604