DSTIA Project Coordinator
Helvetas is an organization specialized in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator
The “Dam Safety Technical and Institutional Assistance in Lao PDR” Project (DSTIA) – funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) – aims to strengthen functional institutions and technical capacities of Laos to protect people, properties and the environment from harmful effects of poor operation or failure of dams and water reservoirs. It will support the development of functional dam safety institutions – based on international best practices, and contribute to the technical capacities of public agencies, academic institutions and the private sector on dam safety management.
The employment is based on the final approval of the project by the World Bank and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
YOUR MAIN TASKS
- Facilitate the engagement of dam safety experts and institutional partners for the implementation of the project and the achievement of set targets and objectives, and ensure the compliance with all relevant national, donor and Helvetas policies and safeguards.
- Ensure an efficient and effective development and coordination of work plans and the management and administration of the project resources, including the contracting of professional services.
- Ensure the development and introduction of proper planning and monitoring systems and the timely preparation and monitoring of operational plans and reporting tools to track project progress on outputs and outcome related targets and milestones.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships, agreements and contracts with project stakeholders and partners including relevant government ministries and departments, academic institutions, and private sector service providers.
- Coordinate the project activities with relevant institutions and programmes to enhance the effectiveness of the project and develop synergies and complementary intervention strategies and resource allocation.
- Advanced degree in business administration, civil engineering, or natural resources management, further education in project management and organizational development
- Experience in the management of similar projects of comparable in size (> 1 Mio USD annually) and scope, i.e. complex, multi-stakeholder projects with a strong technical assistance and capacity development component
- Extensive experience in programme cycle management, financial and human resources management and development
- Experience with adaptive project and process management, e. adjusting the project strategy to the constantly evolving context in close collaboration with all relevant stakeholders
- Expertise in developing and implementing monitoring and results measurement plans and systems
- Significant work experience in the infrastructure development, water and disaster risk management sectors
- Experience in collaboration and capacity building with public agencies, academic institutions, and development partners; and a profound understanding for the social, environmental and political context
- Demonstrated experience in gender mainstreaming, promotion of good governance practices and conflict sensitive project management
- Excellent social, team building and communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English language
A contract of 4 years, attractive working conditions, and a satisfactory and challenging environment.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by August 17, 2021. Please submit your application with a short letter of interest (including expected salary) and a CV by email to email@example.com or by post mail to: HELVETAS Laos, PO Box 6367, Ban Phonthan, Saysettha District, Vientiane Capital