Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA)
Vacancy Announcement in SVA Vientiane Branch office
Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA) is a Japanese non-governmental organization (NGO) which implements aid projects in the field of education and culture since 1992 in Lao PDR. SVA has the international office network in Thailand, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Myanmar and Japan with the focus on quality basic education for children’s development (See website: http://sva.or.jp/english/activity/ ). SVA Laos has been implementing Education support project including school construction and reading promotion in Viengkham district, Luangprabang province since 2012.
SVA Laos office is seeking an “Administration Staff” based in Vientiane Capital for Vientiane Branch office (Full-time, Lao national)
Duties & responsibilities: Cooperating with SVA main office as below:
Main Responsibilities are;
- To assist Country manager, Admin and Accounting manager’s task in terms of administration.
- Performs a variety of specialized tasks regarding general affairs to support office management Communicate and coordinate with line ministries for required documents and information.
Details Tasks are;
- Logistical matters
- To arrange traveling of staff such as flight and hotel booking etc.
- To process position extension of Japanese staff.
- To process operation permit extension for SVA
- To process ID and VISA extension for Japanese staff.
- To check and inform the due date of all document extension to coordinator and administration at LPQ as follow:
- Car Registration ( MOFA & MOT in VTE )
- D 50 ( MOFA & Customs Office and Ministry of transportation in VTE )
- Car and Motorbike insurance
- To prepare and extend above all document with supervision of coordinator.
- To send and receive document from VTE to LPQ and LPQ to VTE at Airport
- To send and receive documents of project and office to/from Government officers.
- To procure necessary office item such as stationaries and refreshment
- Office management
- To discuss with administration in LPQ to manage all equipment and record.
- To check VTE office inventory twice in a year, update inventory list and confirm with administration in LPQ
- To manage motorbike in VTE office and keep maintenance and operation record.
- To manage office equipment such as PCs printers, stationeries and etc. with supervision of assistant coordinator.
- To conduct other administration tasks requested by Admin and accounting manager or Country manager.
Qualification & Experience:
- Lao national. Bachelor Degree of equivalent.
- Applicants living in Vientiane are prioritized for the selection.
- Female applicants are prioritized due to considering gender balance in a working environment.
- 1-2 years or equivalent experience in administrative works preferably with international organization But, any enthusiastic newly graduates are also welcome.
- Computer literate: ability to use data and word processing equipment.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team.
*The applicant must comply with our Compliance and Ethics policy and Safeguarding policy and be able to sign the Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
Applicants should download job application form by this link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1byl0B_i-nxJa8YUpOXqLgAd_s1wg994K?usp=sharing or directly to get the form at SVA Vientiane office, then fill in all necessary information and submit it to the Vientiane office or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: 09 September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to interview. Documents will not be returned.