NMAS VA Support Consultant
Support the development of National Mine Action Standard(NMAS) on Victim Assistance (VA) in Lao PDR
Humanity and Inclusion (HI) has been active in Lao P.D.R. since 1996. The organization’s vision is of a Lao society where all adults and children live as equal individuals in a safe environment. HI is currently seeking a qualified and motivated national or international to work in the position of NMAS VA Support Consultant
Position type: Full Time
Duration: 15 Days
Base location: Based in Vientiane
- Strengthen the role of the mine action sector in Laos in undertaking specific VA efforts.
- Support NRA in developing a NMAS on VA in Laos based on the new IMAS 13.10.
- The workshop will be open for staff of the national mine action authority and relevant ministries, survivors’ organizations, mine action operators, key service providers (public, private and non-governmental), as well as 2/3 donors and EO survivors.
- Identifying key stakeholders and their roles, plus other interested parties. This includes the NRA, Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare, other governmental departments, implementing partners, civil society organisations such as survivor organisations, women’s and persons with disabilities’ organisations;
- Meet with different stakeholders to identify what aspects of IMAS 13.10 are applicable to them and possible to implement and how.
- Minimum Diploma Master’s degree: Peace, Conflict Management; Political Science; Anthropology; Social Sciences;
Disability and Community Rehabilitation, Law; Diplomacy and International relations; Information and Technology or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of experience in documenting good practices, demonstrated ability in conducting applied research, training, seminars and workshops;
- Experience working in disability and social protection with a focus on victim assistance;
- Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate participatory workshops;
- Demonstrated experience to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills through a proven record of successful interaction with individuals from a diverse array of backgrounds, including government officials, women, people with disabilities, CSOs, etc.
- IT skills – MS Office applications (Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Knowledge working language (written & oral): English mandatory.
- Understanding and adherence to HI’s values and ethics.
- Knowledge of English, with knowledge of Lao an asset
- Field experience with an international non – governmental organization is an asset
Candidates should submit the following information with their application:
- Brief cover letter
- Curriculum vitae of consultant (or team of consultants)
- Capability statement and a list of previous assignments, highlighting those that focus on similar project Please include two references and mention earliest availability to start the mission.
- One example of relevant similar work.
- A proposal of the detailed methodology in accordance with the terms of reference
- A tentative work plan and time schedule precising the deliverables.
- A budget breakdown for the consultancy including fees, international travel, insurance etc.
Please see The TOR of the position could be found on the following website:
Completed applications should be sent by email to: t.Sikounnavong@hi.org
Please indicate “Application for NMAS VA Support” in the email’s subject.
Deadline for applications: 19th September 2021.