INGO Network Coordinator (Maternity cover)
The INGO Network has 74 INGO members, and is a focal point for INGO information dissemination in the Lao PDR, and exists to facilitate and enhance the work of its members. The primary focus is to facilitate liaison and information sharing among INGOs and other development partners (DPs) as well as the Government of Laos (GoL). Through its services, the Network supports its members to optimise their contribution to development in the country, by enhancing collaboration that can achieve greater impact than when members act individually. The Network also represents its members in appropriate forums, promotes policy dialogue and supports the civil society in Laos.
Its governance structure consists of a 7 member Steering Committee, led by the Chair, and the Secretariat which is comprised of a Coordinator (expatriate), a Project Officer (Lao national) and a part-time Admin/Finance Assistant (Lao national). These two platforms respond to the needs expressed by the members via the Annual and Mid-Year Members Meetings and day-to-day contact. The INGO Network is currently looking for a Coordinator to replace the existing post-holder during a period of 5 months during their maternity leave.
Under the direction of the Chair, the Coordinator will assist the Steering Committee (SC) with the overall vision, strategic leadership and management of the iNGO Network and will contribute to the overall development and achievement of agreed long term strategic objectives.
The Coordinator is central to creating a dynamic environment for iNGO Network activities to take place, and to manage the information cycles required to make the iNGO Network a responsive service that meets the needs of its members. The Coordinator:
§ Leads and manages the iNGO Network towards the achievement of the organizational strategic objectives under the supervision of the SC and Network Chair
§ Oversees the implementation of activities and services provided by the iNGO Network
§ Raises funds and makes sure iNGO Network personnel and activities are effectively managed and resourced
§ Promotes coordination and debate on relevant issues and priorities that affect/impact the membership
§ Represent the iNGO Network to relevant external parties/fora as directed by the SC
Further specifications regarding the responsibilities of the iNGO Network Coordinator can be found in the Terms of Reference attached, and are based around 5 key themes:
1. Organisational Management
2. Membership Management and Support
3. Financial Management
4. Representation and Liaison
5. Human Resource Management
· Strong operational experience, preferably with an international NGO in South East Asia
· Demonstrated experience in the management of small offices environments
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience of current best practice management and leadership approaches, tools and methodologies and experience in targeted networking
· Strong representation, communication and negotiation skills
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
· Experience of managing finance, administrative and human resource systems to ensure project efficiency.
· Effective financial management skills, including demonstrated experience of ensuring robust financial management
· Strong writing skills to be able to write strategy, proposals, business plans, budgets and reports
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage diverse stakeholder relationships
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills, ability to respond effectively to challenges, manage workflows and balance competing priorities to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
· Innovative, creative and proactive with an analytical and solution-focused approach to work
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
· Relevant tertiary qualifications preferable.
· Computer literacy
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Knowledge and understanding of the political, economic and social contextual factors of Laos in relation to the development sector
• Familiar with the operating and enabling environment and context of INGOs in Laos
• Preferably currently residing/working in Laos
Timeframe and recruitment process
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a Cover Letter and their CV highlighting their relevant qualifications and experience in line with the Terms of Reference attached and expectations of the post, to the INGO Network Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘INN Coordinator recruitment’ no later than 6 March 2017.
Interviews planned to take place: 10 March
Intended start date: 27 March (handover period: 20-22 March)
Contract end date: 31 July 2017
Mar 6th 2017
Line management of 1 Project Officer / CSWG Coordinator
Line management of 1 Admin/Finance Assistant (part-time)